Megan Daley is passionate about children’s literature and sharing it with young and old alike. In daylight hours, Megan is a teacher librarian at St Aidan’s Anglican Girls School in Queensland and was recently awarded the Queensland Teacher Librarian of the Year by the School Library Association of Queensland, as well as the national Dromken Librarians Award, presented by the State Library of Victoria. A former national vice-president of the Children’s Book Council of Australia, she is currently on the Queensland chapter of the board of the Australian Children’s Laureate and on the Publications Committee of the National Library of Australia. She blogs about all things literary, library and tech at childrensbooksdaily.com. She also thinks sleep is overrated. Megan’s book ‘Raising Readers’, aimed at parents and educators is due out with University of Qld Press (UQP) in early 2018.
With many years’ experience in the industry, Megan greatly enjoys launching books, chairing festival panels and speaking and hosting workshops at conferences around Australia, as well as in schools, kindergartens and childcare settings.
Use the contact form below to check availability for speaking engagements.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- In Partnership with Phoenix Support for Educators – childcare consultancy and educator PD. ‘Lighting the Way to Literacy’ can be booked here.
- Red Hill Kindergarten – parent information session. More on this event here and book recommendations here.
- Brisbane City Council (BCC) Libraries – Library managers conference
- BCC Libraries – parent sessions on ‘Raising Young Readers’
- BCC Libraries – children’s workshops
- 612ABC Brisbane – ‘Book Worms’ segment on the latest in children’s and young adult literature
- QUT Early Childhood lecturing and tutoring
- Edutech Conference
- ASLA Webinar
- St John’s Anglican College Literacy Conference
- Book Links Annual Lecture MC
- Future Libraries Conference
- Children’s Book Council of Australia conference
- St John Fischer College ‘Girls Write Now’ conference
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood
- Graduate Diploma in Teacher Librarianship
- Masters of Education in Innovative Teaching and Learning
Get in touch to check availability
Upcoming Speaking Engagements